Views: 2829 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-03-08 Origin: Site
Learning and mastering the free-fall lifeboat launching procedure is very important for the personnel. As China's top 3 life boat manufacturers, New marine introduces the lifeboat launching procedure in detail.
1) On receipt of the lifeboat, all items of loose equipment should be checked against the boat packing/loose equipment sheet.
2) Loose equipment supplied with the boat should be stowed in the forward locker and in the brackets and fixing positions provided.
3) Any additional items of equipment required to fulfill the Authority Regulation should be obtained and stowed.
4) Ensure that the fuel taps at the engine and fuel tank are open.
5) Check fuel tank, engine, gearbox lubricant, and coolant levels. Top up as necessary.
6) Put the lifeboat into the water and check the operation of the hook release gear. Refer to hook release gear data. Check also for general boat water tightness.
7) Start engine following instruction labels attached to the helmsman’s console.
8) Check that the oil pressure, water temperature. And electric charging warning lights are not alight.
9) Give the boat a short trial to ensure that the engine, gearbox, and steering function correctly, and that there are no leaks through-hull fittings.
10) Whilst the engine is running, a check should be made to ensure that the oil pressure, water temperature, and alternator charging lights remain off. Also check fuel, cooling, and lubricating oil systems for leakage.
11) On completing of running trials
(a) Having stopped the engine, return the stop control to the “run” position.
(b) Top up the fuel tank, check coolant, and lubricating oil levels.
(c) Check that battery is fully charged.
(d) Drain the water using the bilge pump.
12) Ensure that the shackles on the slings are correctly secured into the lifting foundations. Attach the slings to the davit fall wires. Lift boat and stow in davit in accordance with the davit instruction/maintenance manual. These instructions should be rigidly adhered to.
13) Install craft onto the ramp and engage the main securing link into the aft deck release hook. This is done by operating the hook using the hook release device.
14) Ensure the gunwale boat chock engages correctly on the davit.
15) Carry out boat installation and davit tests as required by the appropriate authority surveyor.
16) Upon completion of testing, the free-fall lifeboat should be cleared of all non-essential equipment and finally stowed in the davit as detailed in the davit instruction/maintenance manual.
17) Open ventilator, close all doors and hatches, leaving boat ready for emergency use.
The following requirement and procedures must be followed for lowering and operation.
1) All personnel should familiarize themselves with the operation of all life-saving appliances. It cannot be emphasized too strongly that frequent and conscientious practice for lifeboat drills should be carried out. This is especially true when there are frequent changes in crew members.
2) Ensure that the freefall lifeboat is free to be launched, and there are no obstructions on the ramp or below the boat. Ensure that the recovery slings are stowed securely.
1) Open embarkation door.
2) Helmsman enters the boat and starts the engine in accordance with the instruction labels attached to the helmsman’s console.
3) Once the engine is running satisfactorily, stop the engine and reset for immediate restart after launch.
4) Disconnect lifeboat to davit recharging plug.
5) Helmsman climbs into his seat and ensures that the steering wheel is in the ‘0’ position.
6) Designated persons now embark through the embarkation door,
taking up their seat positions. Each seat is fitted with a four-point safety device. Use the front rows of seats first, always try to use the same seat and adjust the belts for your body size.
7) Close all hatches except ventilators.
8) Each person fastens their safety belt.
9) Helmsman should operate the handle of hook release. If the hook release system fails, use the emergency release device to release the hook. The procedure is that turn the hook release wheel clockwise until hook release.
1) Check that boat is free and clear to be launched.
2) Open embarkation door
3) Helmsman enters the boat, starts, and stops the engine.
4) Helmsman enters the seat & ensures the steering wheel is in “0” position.
5) All designated persons embark, taking up their marked seat position.
6) Close all hatches except ventilators.
7) All persons secure safety belts.
8) Operate hook release system, in case of failure of hook release system, operate emergency release as follows: Turn wheel clockwise until to finish hook release.
9) Start the engine, open the throttle and steer away.
10) Once outside danger zone, open hatches and operate signals.
A maximum number of 4 persons is permitted in the lifeboat during recovery.
1) Ensure that the shackles on the davit falls are secured into the lifting foundation.
2) Fit the slings of the davit falls onto the hooks.
3) Helmsman gives the order to the winch operator to hoist the boat.
4) When the boat is clear of the waves, the engine can be stopped and use the bilge pump to drain water and dry.
5) Stow the boat according to the instruction/maintenance manual for boat davit.
6) Once the boat is in position the linkages between the davit and the boat are fitted into the hook.
7) Before leaving the boat.
a. Ensure that the stop controller of the engine is in a neutral position.
b. Top up the fuel tank, check coolant and lubricating oil levels.
c. Check that battery is fully charged and the recharging plug between the boat and the ship is connected. Ensure that the charger is working.
d. Check that the boat is tidy and all the safety belts are stowed properly.
8) Close all the doors and hatches except the ventilator, leaving the boat ready for emergency use.
No.211 Shangyang Road,
Dongqian lake Industry Park,
Yinzhou District, NingBo, China