Views: 431 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-31 Origin: Site
What is free fall lifeboat?
A lifeboat refers to a special lifeboat set on a ship for ambulance crew members in case of a shipwreck. Use paddles, sails, power machines, etc. for propulsion. There is often an airbox in the boat so that the boat still has enough buoyancy after entering the water to ensure the safety of the boat and the people on the boat. There is also a certain amount of fresh water, food, and daily necessities on the lifeboat of the sea ship.
There are different types and characteristics of lifeboats, here we mainly introduce free fall lifeboats. The benefit of a free fall lifeboat is that during a near-death evacuation in an emergency, the lifeboat can be slid directly from the device, moving away from the vessel at high speed. Passengers are safe and secure in the enclosed cabin and are securely strapped to their seats. This type of lifeboat is durable and can withstand a variety of harsh and extreme natural climates. Reliable manufacturers of free fall lifeboats perform many tests to check the quality of the boat.
The free fall lifeboat is located at the stern, providing maximum free fall space. The launch mechanism of this lifeboat is based on aerodynamics, so when the lifeboat is released, the boat can dive into the water without damaging the hull, and since the operation is carried out inside the boat, there is no need to leave in case of an accident. Freefall lifeboats can be released to keep occupants safe. If you're interested in the release of a free-fall lifeboat, you can read more here:
1. Open lifeboat: It is a lifeboat without a fixed canopy device.
2. Partially enclosed lifeboat: it is provided with a fixed rigid canopy of not less than 20% of the length of the boat at the bow and stern, with a foldable canopy in between, and the foldable canopy can be used by 1 to 2 people.
3. Fully enclosed lifeboat: It refers to a lifeboat with a fixed top cover on the upper part of the boat, which has good thermal insulation and water tightness.
Materials of lifeboats
1. Galvanized Steel Boats: Rarely used now.
2. Aluminum alloy boat: In the past, some oil tankers often used this type of lifeboat.
3. Fiberglass boat: It is a lifeboat made of fiberglass woven into cloth and glued to the inside of the structure with resin glue. It has the advantages of light weight, high strength, durability, and is not corroded by seawater, and most lifeboats use this material.
Functions of lifeboats
1. Lifeboats with self-righting function: Some of the fully enclosed lifeboats have the function of self-righting.
2. Lifeboats with self-supplied gas system: some fully enclosed lifeboats have self-supplied gas systems, which are equipped on oil tankers, chemical tankers and liquefied gas ships. Generally, there are 4 steel cylinders, and the usable time is not less than 10 minutes. The pressure value in the boat shall not be lower than the atmospheric pressure outside the boat, nor shall it exceed the atmospheric pressure by more than 20 hPa.
3. Fire-resistant and high-temperature-resistant lifeboats: Fire-resistant and high-temperature lifeboats refer to fully enclosed lifeboats made of refractory materials on the surface of the hull. Its structure can protect its rated occupants from being surrounded by oil and fire for not less than 8 minutes when it is on the water, and has a self-supplied gas system inside the boat and a water spray device outside the boat.
4. A lifeboat with free fall into the water: it has a self-righting function and can quickly enter the water from the davit.
Compliant with SOLAS requirements
1. The lifeboat shall be strong enough to survive a drop of all its passengers and equipment into water 1.3 times its certified height.
2. If the vessel is inclined or inclined up to 20°, there should be no contact with the vessel during the fall and resurfacing.
3. The boat should have two independent release systems, accessible only from inside the boat. In addition, the release mechanism should be clearly marked, should not be prone to accidental operation, and may optionally be tested without releasing the vessel.
4. Additional requirements regarding size, number of seats and their location so as not to interfere with the normal operation of the vessel.
5. The lifeboat must carry all equipment that can be used for survival at sea as specified by SOLAS.
6. Lifeboats must be painted International Bright Orange.
When you are choosing a lifeboat, please pay attention to the above points. If you are interested in other marine knowledge, you can read here:
We are Ningbo new marine lifesaving EQ. We are a professional lifeboat manufacturer, we have first-class production equipment, superb technology, and a professional after-sales service team.
Our production strictly implements the ISO 9001:2015 quality system, and the current annual production capacity is more than 300 sets. Our company has relatively complete CCS, BV, ABS, RINA, IRS, RMRS.NK.EC and other classification societies certificates.
Customer demand is the driving force for our development. We adhere to customer-centricity, respond quickly to customer needs, and provide customers with effective services. This is the direction of our work and the criterion for value evaluation. Customer success is our success.
We manufacture professional lifeboats for tanker or dry cargo vessels, ,various marine and offshore purposes. Our lifeboats are Typically used for oil platforms, merchant vessels, research vessels... If you are looking for a reliable lifeboat manufacturer, please choose us! We