Views: 544 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-05-25 Origin: Site
As China famous life boat manufacturer, New Marine has professional freefall lifeboat knowledge. In this article, we mainly introduce the maintenance of free fall lifeboat for sale.
The freefall lifeboat should be fastened by the connection of the aft eye plate of the lifeboat and the bitt of boarding platform with shackles and steel wire with a breaking load not less than 20 tons.
Always check the hydraulic system whether there is oil leakage. if is, add oil. Check whether clamber is found on the piston rod. if is, exhaust air and add oil.
The procedure is: operate the handle of the manual pump until piston rod sticks oil cylinder tightly, then loose screw to exhaust air, tight the screw and open oil cylinder to fill hydraulic oil.
This system is a freshwater ‘closed circuit’ cooling system. No work of drain water or disassembling is needed unless major overhauls to the engine and/or its components are required.
Check periodically to ensure that:
1) There is no excess water coming into the boat
2) There is no corrosion
Should corrosion occur, ascertain whether severe or not. If not severe, clean thoroughly and grease all over. If severe, take steps to renew as necessary.
Replenish grease so that the stern tube could be lubricated and cooled.
1. Ensure that the ship/rig to free fall lifeboat electrical supply plug and socket is properly sealed and undamaged.
2. Check that the hull fitting into the boat is watertight and undamaged.
3. Ensure that the charger is functioning correctly.
4. Check all bulbs and fuses to ensure they are operational. Clean or replace as necessary.
5. Check that all wiring is properly clipped into place and that all joints are clean and protected.
Note: The batteries are of a maintenance-free type provided that the charging system is properly maintained. Regular attention to the battery will ensure adequate power for emergency use.
Check the tightness of terminal connections ensuring that both the positive and negative terminals are absolutely tight.
Should the terminals show signs of corrosion, disconnect and clean thoroughly, replace and tighten securely. Grease all over with & light petroleum jelly.
1. Check all wooden equipment for rot, shakes, splits, etc. Replace if necessary.
2. Check all rope cordage, etc. For damage, fraying, or rot. Replace if necessary.
3. Check all galvanized steel equipment for rust, paint, or coat with grease if necessary.
4. Coat all equipment liable to rust with grease if necessary.
5.Check electric torch operates satisfactorily. If in doubt, dismantle and clean battery and contracts. Replace battery or bulb if necessary.
6. Check fresh water and food rations, etc. For rot, deterioration, expiration. Replace if necessary.
All items of loose equipment with a limited life e.g. pyrotechnics should be replaced at intervals.
The bilge pumping system consists of a self-priming pump that sucks water either from the main bilge or from the engine compartment.
The bilge pump is of the diaphragm type and is not susceptible to blockage, but should a blockage occur it can be cleared quickly and easily.
1. Check that pump is operating correctly. If in doubt, remove pump cover and inspect, removing any material which may be blocking or obstruction the flow of water.
2. Check all hoses and clips for damage and tightness.
3. Check that hoses and clips for damage and free from debris.
4. Ensure that the engine compartments are kept clean, dry, and free from debris.