Views: 1063 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-06-28 Origin: Site
The single-arm davit is a marine single-arm slewing type davit, used to lower and recover the rescue boat (or life raft). New Marine is China's top 3 lifeboat davit manufacturer. In this article, we will introduce the operating and use of the single-arm davit.
1) This appliance shall only be operated by appropriately trained persons.
2) The operator should be familiar with this manual and other relevant documents enclosed with the delivered equipment before the operation and know the structure and function. Then operate as per the description of the manual and each note.
3) When using this device for launching or recovery, you must first remove the obstacles in the working range of the boom and the sea surface of the launching and recovery area that may harm the occupants and the raft. If they cannot be removed immediately, try to avoid them.
When lowering or recovering a SOLAS rescue boat or life raft, there should be not any weight suspended on the lifting hook of the davit arm.
① Unlock the rope tie to the rescue boat, check and remove any obstruction.
② Connect the power on the electrical control box, start pumping the motor, make the hydraulic system supply oil normally, and then open the button box, take the remote control button out.
③ Lower the release hook, connect the manual release hook to the rescue boat. All the crews embark and then press the hoisting button to hoist the rescue boat to a suitable height so that there should be no obstacle during the process of the rescue boat turning out.
④ Press the left or right slewing button (according to the deck arrangement). Turn the davit arm out to outboard by the pump station supplying oil.
⑤ The designated person on the boat pulls the remote control cable to operate so that the boat relies on the boat's own gravity to make the boat fall to the surface.
1) Winch will be braked once if the operator loose the remote wire to make the counterweight lowering automatically. When lowering the boat, the operator should pull the remote wire slowly until the boat to the waterline. Try to hold and not release the remote wire to avoid any brake that may cause the boat to hit the vessel.
2) Do not release the remote wire at once to brake when the boat arrives water surface. It should leave some margin of length to wire, then will be easy to open release hook, and should open the two hooks at the same time as possible as you can.
⑥ Open the release hook manually, driving the boat from the mother ship.
There are special maintenance documents for the manual release hook. The operator should correctly operate according to the documents.
① The operation sequence is roughly the same, except for the following differences:
② Use the manual device on the hoisting mechanism to adjust the release hook position and lift the rescue boat.
③ The single arm davit slewing convert pulling the slewing remote control rope manually to operate the accumulator to drive the single arm davit slewing.
① Unlock the rope which bundles the life raft, moves the life raft with the out package to the lifting position.
② Suspend the ring of the life raft to the release hook of davit and press the hoisting button to lift the life raft.
③ Press the slewing button to slew the life raft to the ship side by pump station supply oil.
④ Pull the starter rope of the life raft to inflate forming, hanging straight life raft to tighten the fixed rope. All the crew board the raft.
⑤ After the crew board the life raft, operate the remote control rope for gravity-lowering the life raft to water.
⑥ After the life raft lowering into the water, the life raft will release the hook automatically.
There are special maintenance documents for the automatic release hook. The operator should correctly operate according to the documents.
The operation sequence is roughly the same, except for the following differences:
① Use the manual device to adjust the position of the release hook and lift the life raft.
② Davit slewing convert the hand pump driven or pulling the slewing remote control rope manually to operate the accumulator to drive the davit slewing.
① Slewing the davit arm to fully outboard and lowering non-loaded hook manually. The operator on the ship inserts the handle into the socket for lowering on reduce box, lifts up the counterweight, and turns the handle to lower the non-loaded hook till the operator on the boat (or life raft) can connect the hook to the boat.
② People in the SOLAS rescue boat (or life raft) hang the boat (or life raft) to release the hook. Then notify the people in the vessel to press the hoisting button to lift the boat (or life raft) to above the deck.
The lifting weight should be no more than the SWL of the davit. Using the button to lift up a boat can ensure the operator on the ship can observe the boat all along.
③ Press the slewing button (left or right) to slew the boat (or life raft) to stowed position.
If you have any needs, please contact us!
No.211 Shangyang Road,
Dongqian lake Industry Park,
Yinzhou District, NingBo, China