Views: 947 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-03-19 Origin: Site
Learn the operation and maintenance of rescue boat is very important for each rescue boat crew. This article highlights operation and maintenance issues that the ship’s crew and operators should be aware of.
NOTE! Under no circumstance must untrained personnel be allowed to operate the hook release gear, because functioning can present danger to the crew of the rescue boat - all operating instructions given on the hook release gear.
Before launching, the crew of the rescue boat must ensure that the lifting ring is correctly placed on the hook.
Before and when salvaging the marine rescue boat, the following procedure must be followed:
1) Before hooking on the lifting ring, check once more to ensure that the release gear is correctly reset.
2) Hook onto the lifting ring and make sure that the toggle in front of the hook which prevents the lifting ring from moving out of the engagement whit the hook.
3) The emergency rescue boat can then be salvaged.
4) During salvaging the release gear must under on circumstance be touched or operated.
Rescue at sea is full of difficulties and dangers. The harsh marine environment can cause damage to people and ships. If the crew is not proficient in using or keeping in mind the life-saving methods that should be remembered, and if the wrong operation is carried out, or the improper use of life-saving equipment is used, these will bring more serious consequences than the injury, that is, the seawater will be submerged in the boat. Therefore, life-saving training should be carried out normally.
The following rescuing procedure should be beard in mind:
1) The coxswain gives orders and decides at which side of the boat would be used to pick up the sinker. Generally at port.
2）Steer the boat towards the sinker till the bow is 1.5m apart from him. Operate the boat slowly to close the boat to the sinker.
3）Stop the engine and help the sinker to climb up the ladder installed at the stem to inboard.
4）If the sinker can not move by himself, the following steps should be followed( the engine can be kept running):
a) Close the boat to the sinker.
b) Use the boat hook to pull the sinker to port of the boat.
1) It must be emphasized that maintenance and any other work on the hook release gear must always be performed when the rescue boat is free of the lifting ring and hoist rope.
2) Never work or make physical checks on the release gear other than visual inspection while the rescue boat is suspended from the hoist rope.
3) All maintenance and repairs must be performed by fully qualified personnel with thorough knowledge of the functioning of the hook release gear and its individual parts.
4) All main parts are made from acid-resistant hot galvanized aluminum and other corrosion-resistant materials.
Read professional manual carefully and make sure the rescue boat crew and personnel responsible for equipment maintenance understand it before the hook release gear is put into use.
New Marine is China famous rescue boat manufacturer, providing high-quality and low price emergency rescue boat and marine rescue boat. If you have any need, please contact us!